Trans Allyship Workbook
Building Skills to Support Trans People in Our Lives
Revised, updated and expanded for 2017 – the new Trans Allyship Workbook is everything you’ve been wanting to read about trans allyship! Over 100 pages including –
- New sections on intersectionality, singular they, and philosophies of allyship
- Tips and “best practices” for the special allyship situations of parents, teachers, healthcare providers and therapists
- Tons of new color illustrations
- New activities – it really is a “workbook” – to help you deepen and practice your allyship skills
…packed with concrete tools and practices that hold the complexity of trans issues and invite curiosity and critical thinking with an open heart.
…the only one of its kind, with a heightened attention to the intersectionality of identities within the trans lived experience. …There is no other single resource of radical trans allyship that I would recommend to both therapists and clients.
…the most practical and accessible guide for trans inclusion I have ever read. …If you are interested in learning more about supporting trans people in your family, your workplace, your school, your community and the world, but you only have time to read one book, read this one.
We can’t know anyone’s gender identity simply by observing them. This fact alone challenges and revolutionizes all of the ways our binary-gender physical, social, mental and emotional spaces are constructed.
Sliding scale: $6 – $18 print book, $1-12 ebook; please pay more if you can, to support free/cheaper copies for those who need them. Plus shipping and tax where applicable.
Like to hold it in your hands first? Trans Allyship Workbook is also available at many independent book stores including:
- In Madison, WI: A Room of One's Own
- In Massachusetts: Broadside in Northampton, Boswell's in Shelburne Falls, and Amherst Books in - you guesed it - Amherst
- In Brattleboro, VT: Everyone's Books
- In the Bay Area: Pegasus Downtown in Berkeley
- In Seattle: Elliot Bay and Third Place
- In Salt Lake City: King's English
- In Baltimore: Red Emma's
If your local independent book shop doesn't have it, they can probably special order one for you!
Bookstores: You can order wholesale copies directly from Ingram through their print-on-demand service, Lightning Source. Or, get in touch to order from us for wholesale or consignment.
A limited number of free copies are available to educators and others who need them. If you need this book and cost is an issue, please contact us and we will make it happen.
Visit our Schwag Shop on RedBubble
Our trainings & consulting help make the world better ... our schwag does too. Charming, educational objects to help you hold your social justice commitments in your hands, carry them throughout your day, show them to everybody you meet ... you get the idea. This is new to us, so have patience - we'll gradually get a wider variety of messages and products up there.